Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ryan-A2 Product Design

My name is Ryan, I am currently studying graphic design and product design at Stoke Sixth Form College. This is a small insight into my product design course, which is to design and develop a vehicle that can be used by the emergency services that will be a hybrid as so to speak that will be a link between the first responders and the fire and rescue service. I have focused my concept vehicle towards the road traffic incident area, as this type of emergency requires fire and rescue as well as paramedics and the fire service.

The vehicle is based loosely on Landover’s new city style 4x4. The following are just some ideas I had generated to be accessories, solutions or general design inspiration.

Here I am throwing some ides around about sirens and lighting ideas, loosely rendered in marker.

In this sheet of ideas I am generally just putting ideas together, but on this sheet I talked about the ground clearance angles of hills and where the vehicle would bottom out.

This is hopefully what the vehicle will look like at the end of my project.

5 comments:

  1. It is great to see what you are doing in other subjects Ryan as I get such a small snapshot of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Ryan, I miss teaching your group so it's good to catch up with what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusal theme for your project Ryan. You have obviously already done lots of research! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments i will be uploading as much as possible to keep you informed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Product Design Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete