Thursday, March 3, 2011

Btec Level 2 Art and Design

Rachael
I love studying art and design, because I do things that I love doing. We have made sock monkeys which was my best task, I had loads of fun doing that, when we made the sock monkey I learnt how to do different kinds of stitching. The other project I really enjoyed was our animation project and we put our videos on youtube. It was really fun finding out how things are done.


Nathan
One of the units I think I did better than the rest. The unit was about animation and jobs I had to draw an animation 1.30mins long about an art and design job. To start with we experimented with different animation types.

I started of by drawing on to acetate with marker and scanning into Photoshop. I edited the drawing in Photoshop then imported them into Windows Movie Maker added a title and credits and then uploaded the animation to YouTube.
 I liked this unit in many ways it got me being creative and independent making my own work  


Kiya
In art I have made many things for the project but my favourite task was making the sock monster/monkeys. I had to design a monster/monkey and make it, it was fun making. Making the body, arms, legs, and ears then stuffing it with cotton wool then sowing it together to make a monster/monkey. Making clothes for the sock monster/monkey was funny to make. This is the end result of this project.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Rachael- Great for you to share your sock monkey with us am looking forward to see how this develops in to your own identity Monster

    Nathan-You have taken so much time on maintaining the quality of the image in your animation. I am really looking forward to seeing your final work.

    Kiya-Your sock puppect reminds me of Stitch (Lilo and Stich) I think you have given it a real character. I am looking forward to seeing how these skills transfer when developing a character to represent yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate you sharing the process of how you get to your final pieces. I'm rubbish at design so for me, to see each stage is really interesting. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete