Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chris-Light painting in photography


The project "Connected images" I decided to go down the route of light painting and I really like work by Twin Cities Brightest (who creates images using slow shutter speed with a range of lights) and work by Dentsu London, this work used an IPAD to create 3D light appearing to hover in the picture like a holograph. 

I tried lots of ways to make the images, like orthographic views of the side of each letter made on pro-desktop but the volume of letters was too much to work with.
 I quickly moved on from this to the view from the front of the letter this work much better because the curves were smooth and they actually looked like letters. At this point I was testing light levels in rooms, playing with the depth of field and where to put the lettering on the picture. I strung all the images together on windows movie makes so that I could easily move from one letter on a MP4 to another without interruption after a few dozen attempts in several locations with different light levels I found some great images in the corner of my room which supplied a well lit area which was not too bright when the exposure was left open to make the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment