Sunday, November 7, 2010

Howard- A2 Photography


During my current studies in Photography A2 I am looking at the combination of two themes inside and outside. I recently responded to a piece of work by Valerie Belin by going up to the Roaches. I decided to bring some objects we associate with the inside and put them in the outside environment. The Roaches was a good place to take pictures because it gave me an interesting outside environment in which to work in. I also got to go climbing which was a fun bonus. I am now looking at how I can follow on from this idea to develop it into a commercial product.
 

6 comments:

  1. A really imaginative piece of work, love the contrast between nature & the broken computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -A social commentary on the throw-away society we currently live in? Or with the growing power of phones/tablets, a reflection on the coming of age of the mobile computer?

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful part of the countryside - and an interesting juxtaposition of items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so thought-provoking. We are surrounded by technology yet in your work it is completely isolated. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone..

    I tried to bring both the worlds of nature and technology together. I think the second shot in the series is one that is more open to interpretation.

    There were some thought processes behind the first one, but again it is free to interpretation. My own thoughts were that nature can support technological development. In the same way that the rocks are physically supporting the hardware above it. I remember watching a news story about a group of scientists that were researching a certain type of fish, because of it's properties it could be potentially used to speed up (by a huge proportion) the hardware of today.

    http://www.davidreiss.com/biocomputing.html - Here is an article I have just found about bio computing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liking the reference be sure to add this contextual side into your development work.
    You could also link built in obsolescence to Moores Law http://www.intel.com/technology/mooreslaw/

    ReplyDelete