Friday, November 5, 2010

Rebecca- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Graphic Design

Creative Boom is a website dedicated to support designers. The site has offered us the opportunity in the form of  a competition to design a banner for them. There are 4 words to choose from inspire, work, social, and fun, I chose the word inspire.
I have come up with a mixture of ideas, mostly done using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, although I have produce some images by hand.

I did I this design using a method called continuous line drawing, I drew this on illustrator, I took the word inspire tried to relate the images to the word, and and to make the image fun I made it look like it was underwater.
I developed the line drawing further and then I edited it using Photoshop, I scanned in some pages with paint on them edited them into the drawing. I experimented with lots of different designs but I think these are the best ones even thou there basic.
In this project I learned how to use Illustrator, I had not used it before I also improved my skills using Photoshop. In addition I learned how to come up with new ideas, some times I came up with these ideas by doing the wrong thing completely.
I have really enjoyed the project especially using Illustrator; I liked it so much that I have developed many of my ideas in my spare time, the most enjoyable of my designs is the one one with the bees and flowers.



3 comments:

  1. Stunning use of colours in the bottom two images. Commercial standard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the impact of the colours in your bottom 3 designs - very different but very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe those are a continuous line Rebecca! I love the bees but the colours in the fruit are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete